FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I care for my Straight Faced products?
Straight Faced silks are machine washable. However, the better you care for your Straight Faced silk products, the longer they will last and keep their sheen.
Please use the following guidelines
• pH neutral liquid detergent
• machine wash delicate 30°C (86°F) (delicates wash bag)
• hand wash 30°C (86°F)
• no stain removing products
• iron low heat
• do not tumble dry
• Do not hang over a radiator to dry
Ours are of the highest quality so they are machine washable, but handwashing is the ultimate way to care for your silk. Make sure the water is no higher than 30 degrees Centigrade to avoid damage.
What are the benefits of sleeping on silk?
A smooth surface on the skin, with less friction, can help prevent pull on the skin compared to traditional cotton pillowcases.
Silk is less absorbent than cotton, so there will be less transfer of your expensive face creams and skincare. They can help maintain your skin's hydration, helping skin and hair to appear more youthful.
Thanks to the smooth texture of silk and its tight charmeuse weave, hair glides over the surface making hair less prone to dryness and frizz.
What size are Straight Faced pillowcases?
Our pillowcases come in a standard size of 75cm x 50cm. This makes them large enough to fit most pillows.
Silk V Satin
Silk is a natural, breathable fabric. Satin refers to the weave of a fabric, usually synthetic.
• It breathes. Your head and hair won't get smothered or overheated.
• It's hypoallergenic. It's naturally resistant to fungus, mould, mites, and allergens.
• It doesn't involve synthetic materials. It's a natural material.
• It has natural temperature regulating properties. Helping your head to not overheat.
What is Momme?
Mommes is a unit traditionally used to measure the quality of silk fabrics. The higher the weight in momme, the more durable the silk pillowcase will be. Straight Faced pillowcases are 25 momme, meaning they are a very high quality, luxurious weight of silk, designed to outlast pillowcases of a lower momme.